Saturday, April 9, 2011

Perspective

Okay, I'll start off by saying that things lately have been crappier than normal.  I've been bitching, whining, moaning, and crying.  Things suck for me right now.

But yesterday, after seeing all the posts about our soldiers fighting overseas wouldn't get paid during the government shutdown, and that their families would not receive death benefits if they died during the shutdown days, I thought of a few things that actually got me going a bit.

1.  I'm not in some nasty trench in some God-forsaken desert, wondering if I'm gonna get paid by the same idiots that I am serving to protect back home.
2.  I haven't been diagnosed with any tragic diseases.  A long list of mental illnesses, yes, but cancer, ALS, MS, fibromyalgia,., no.
3.  No family or friends have been diagnosed with any from the above list (lately- but there are some who battle those on a daily basis).
4.  I haven't had to make any agonizing decisions regarding medical care for any of my cats (lately).
5.  I do have wonderful friends and family, who help me if they can, and have shown incredible kindness while I've vented to them, even when they haven't told me that I could vent..
6.  I'm still on the good side of 40 as an old boyfriend of mine would say (yes, I know "not for long" but indulge me while I can still be indulged).

I've been stopping myself when I start to say "I can't do this anymore/I'm so tired of this."  I just tell myself instead that things will be better for me very soon.  (That sounds like medicine or eating vegetables, what I really mean is that I'll be in better circumstances soon.)

A dear friend of mine told me a nice little expression- "You'll see it when you believe it."  Thank you Debi, for giving me a reason to believe.

1 comment:

  1. Leah, this is a great entry! Keep up the good work, staying positive. It really is "the only way to travel."
    Heart you mucho, woman.

    ReplyDelete